Dear OB/GYN Resident Alumni,
I am both honored and humbled to have recently been named Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology for Einstein Healthcare Network.
Many new chairs are brought in to repair departments, improve the financial bottom line, turn around a residency program, or restore the reputation of the department. Through the leadership of Dr. Arnold Cohen and the work of each faculty member, this work has already been accomplished.
My goals are to:
- Continue the work we are doing
- Look at new and innovative ways to train our residents
- Determine the feasibility of meeting the needs of women in medicine
- Solidify our relationship with the staff at EMCM
- Increase recognition of our wonderful department to the world outside the walls of Einstein
This is a time of great uncertainty in the American healthcare system. I am determined to understand the impact of these changes to the practice of obstetrics and gynecology, and I am committed to finding the means to allow our department to continue to be successful in this new paradigm.
I have been preparing for this day for many years. I truly appreciate the faith and support you have afforded me along the way. I am dedicated to each of you individually, to the department as a family, and to the network as our team.